Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Turning the Page

Wanna know something I have never done?
I have never walked inthe snow with my flip-flops on.
Until this past weekend, that is.


It was gorgeous outside and while we have many acres of nonsense to rake, blow, re-soil, mulch, prune and plant, I took great pleasure in cleaning out our little flower garden out front.



After trimming the Ornamental grass and raking all the dead leaves and grass away I had to put it somewhere.  In order to put it in the woods I had to walk to the woods and guess what?
There's still plenty of snow in my front yard.
Way back there, behind the boy, you can sort of see the Compost Bin where I had to get to!

And just like before this past weekend I had never walked in snow with only my flip-flops on, I had also never cleaned out a flower bed while there was still snow in my front yard.
Sundress & Rain Boots - Check.
Snow in the yard while it's warm enough to wear only sundress & rain boots? 
Check Check!

I shoveled a lot of snow here at 131 this winter.  And I will gladly - with great joy, pride and delight - rake, prune, blow, soil, plant and mulch for 131 as well.

 Remember these shots?  Feels like a lifetime ago!  I forgive you, Winter...

 But freaking LEAVE already!!





***

Just a quick little  B&A for ya:

No comments: