Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big Debate...

The issue around here is when we have the money, which car will we buy?
The "I admit it, I care what people say about me" side of me thinks:  Acura MDX.  This car kicks ass at Pick-up at school.  I admit it.
The "which one has more room with best fuel economy & monthly payment for a 5 year finance purchase", ie - " the one I will actually buy" side of me is torn between two equally loved & trusted brands of the Honda Pilot & the Chevy Tahoe.
The Tahoe is a lot bigger (read: harder to park at the mall at Christmas time!) and the Pilot is a Honda (read: great mileage & love/trust of younger years bleed over).
I don't know.  What do you think?

I know this:
1.  I am not a MiniVan Mama.  Never thought I was, with my kids at 3 & 5, I know for sure now, I'm not.  I am just too cool.  Sorry, mini-van mamas - I make fun of you.

2.  I need the room to take a friend or two along with us.  I never thought I'd cave to the pressure.  I thought I'd always prefer my low-to-the-ground, cool-car-driving ways while Jay prefers the truck/SUV way.
I admit it - I would much prefer to drive an SUV.  I want to be able to bring a kid along for each of my own.  And maybe their mom, too.
They are social creatures, these babies...  and I resent not being able to reciprocate the offers from all the dorky Mini-Van mamas.
This may be what the Bu looks like some days, but that doesn't make it any more legal that it's not...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a Tahoe and love it, but it is hard to park sometimes. You will have tons of room for those bags from the mall though! Shannon