Sunday, February 21, 2010

 
This is what's left of my Valentine's Day bouquet that Jay gave me last weekend.
A week ago, it was a beautiful mixed bouquet.  

I love flowers.  
I love planting them, growing them, smelling them throughout my yard 
and through my windows all summer long.
I love cutting them and putting them in vases.
I have colored glass vases, fine crystal vases, plastic, terracotta & antique metals.
I also like to put just one big bud in an individual vase.
This particular vase came with some Fruit in it.  Another fabulous idea.

Jay loves roses.
When we were dating, and still after we were married, he would bring me a dozen red roses.
Sometimes for my birthday or Valentines Day and sometimes just because he really loves roses. 
And me.

I prefer a mixed bunch.
For many reasons.

Not the least of which is this...  

If these were roses, I wouldn't have any left.  
They would have all looked beautiful upon arrival and they would have all wilted and died together.
With a mixed bunch you get bright, beautiful blooms- small, promising buds-
mixed greenery and staggered beauty.

Thanks, Babe.  I love them.

No comments: