Saturday, February 27, 2010

Just over 3 weeks ago my BFF had another baby boy.  Once again, she was a trooper and pushed that little man out with no epidural.  This is an amazing thing to me.  As it should be to you.
Speaking as a woman that couldn't make it beyond 4 centimeters without caving and begging for drugs, seeing my tiny friend squeeze 2 fat boys out with no more than moral support and the stubborn will that God graced her with pretty much blows my mind.
I have a lot of opinions on the whole "second baby" thing.  The way people treat you when you're pregnant "again" versus the first time around.  The way people treat the new birth.  The way people treat the first baby once the second baby arrives.  And one day, I might blog my opinions on these topics.  If you are a mother (or maybe a father) of more than one child, I am sure you have your thoughts on the topic and I am not in the mood to be controversial at this time.
My point is this - it's been over three weeks and despite three attempts, I still haven't gotten out to NY to see my new little love.  I am so sad that I haven't held him, smelled him, hugged my friend and looked her in the eye to tell her how proud I am of her.
I already love him - I have since the day her #1 told me that there was a baby in his mama's belly, in my parents' yard on my birthday.
I'll get there and I know she understands.  But I can't help but think that she feels the same tinge of sadness that I do for having missed our visits thus far.
This is the only picture I have so far, but it says it the best, I think:  A loving, devoted mama with her boys.  I don't think I need to say more.  Just look:
 


In other news...
It's worth noting that my husband has reinvented his website into his own Blog.  He has noted what a therapeutic effect it has on me and thought that, perhaps, he would try his hand at blogging.
He thinks that he has nothing to say,  I said that he has plenty to say, he just doesn't care what other people think of it.
He thinks he's not funny.  I think he's hilarious and his writing style is very much the way he speaks.  Dry sarcasm mixed with witty intelligence.
Don't trust me on this.  After all, he is the smartest, handsomest, funniest man in the world as far as I'm concerned.  Go check him out.  It's still new, he hasn't been writing it for more than a few days, so - Congratulations - you'll be in on the ground floor.

No comments: