Thursday, November 26, 2009

Last night, on Thanksgiving Eve, I introduced a new tradition to my daughter.
It is one I grew up with and one I was really looking forward to bringing into my home.
It involves some rule breaking, some secret keeping and some definite loss of sleep.
But I think she enjoyed it.
In fact, it was almost all she talked about today.  She loved it, really.  And already can't wait to do it again.

What was it?






The Annual Thanksgiving Eve Viewing of "Wizard of Oz" 



And it was great.
We got ready for bed, like we always do.
We did a story and snuggled and tucked Wyatt in, like we always do.

But instead of then tucking Abby in, we snuck downstairs in our jammies and snuggled on the couch and watched the movie.
It was long and there were a few scary parts but my big girl was very brave and she knew that the witch would get her due and the monkeys were make believe.



She was awesome.
It was a wonderful night.


2 comments:

Allison said...

I can't wait to start doing this with Ella. My all time favorite movie. My Mom and Dad and I used to throw pillows on the floor, fill a huge mixing bowl with M & M's and then snuggle for the movie. Awesome memories.

Anonymous said...

Love that you are carrying on the tradition! - Shannon