Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today was the last day of school for my girl.  She finished one year of Pre-K and will have one more before she officially begins Kindergarten.  Such is the tale of the January-born kid.
She loved school and while I don't think it has entirely sunk in yet that it's over, I would be suprised if she's really broken up over it being over.
The girl loves the beach, the mall and general laziness almost as much as her mother.


Today was also the last day of my babysitting gig for Q & K.  Two school years of being with those kids daily and a lot has happened.  When we started, Wyatt was less than a year old & Abby was barely 3.  Quinnie went from an innocent 11 year old to a hormonal almost-13 year old.  Kieran went from a little boy at Gilead Hill to a tiny man at Hebron El.
I've said it all before and you've read it here.
It's been an amazing two years.  I have learned so much about and from these kids and I can only hope that I have left a positive and loving mark on their lives, as well.
I know my friendship with the family will last our lifetimes and I am grateful for having these years to bond with and secure that with the kids.
I was never "just a babysitter" to them, and they were never " a job" for me.

1 comment:

Gini said...

I always felt when you said "babysitting" it never really conveyed the depth of your feelings for that family. They (including Jody) have been very lucky to have you.