Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I really love this commercial.

And this one.

Oh, and I really cried the first few times I saw this one.

I was really touched by my friend Kim's blog a few weeks ago.  I think she sums up what it is to be "mom" very well.  It's really no wonder we adore each other so... 

I was thinking about it today when I was cleaning up puke, then some poop, more puke (different puker), orange juice all over me in public, wet dogs in my car - all the while preparing and then maintaining the house for a showing for all the local Realtors.

I love being mommy so much.

I have loved it since they put my girl in my arms almost 4 and a half years ago.

But it's only been this last year or so that I really feel like I've gotten myself back.

I have retrieved what I have always loved so much about myself {in addition to improving a few things that were irritating me}.
Maybe at first I thought I had to be something different to be a good mom.
Maybe I was trying to act a part.

Whatever the case may be, I am feeling so good lately. 
And I know this blog plays a role in that, so thank you for reading me.  It is such a great outlet, such a terrific way to journal and express myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your commercial links are dead (or is it me?) but I love the post you linked to.

I think I'm in that mid-stage where I'm kind of losing myself in the mom role, and that's way totally cool with me.

I've been loving reading your blog and seeing all the stuff that you're going through. You're doing awesome.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cill. I love your blog, too - although I still haven't finished your Birth Story! :)

It's been quite an adventure - all of it.
I do love my life, the good the bad and the ugly! :)

I hope I fixed the links. They're great.