Saturday, April 10, 2010

I have decided on my next weight loss goal.  18 pounds by my 34th birthday.  That is almost 12 weeks from now so not a very lofty goal but it's not easy to drop it as quickly anymore. 
So, I have to change a few things that I'm doing...  and I haven't really decided what those things will be yet.
Maybe packing, living a hectic lifestyle of house-hunting and house-showing, warmer weather, stress and a little good old-fashioned starvation will help.
Or, maybe I can get my fat ass to the gym more than twice a week.
Funny how less than 4 times a week, preferably 5 or 6, and I feel like a fat, lazy slob.  When, previously, the very idea of going to the gym made me want to crawl under the covers midday for a nap.

It's hard to lose weight during a holiday.
Last week, leading up to Easter weekend, I went to the gym every day.  I ate very well and exercised and drank my water.  I knew I was going to eat and drink like a rock star through the city so I wanted to do what I could ahead of time.
When we got home I continued to eat like a rock star...  or, perhaps like the fat girl I truly am.  I kept saying "gotta get to the gym tomorrow" but one day led to the next and I went a whole week of not getting to the gym.

I was legitimately busy.  We had carpet installed over 3/4 of our house.  That required a lot of packing and prepping.  Seriously - you try to get everything off the floor of all of your bedrooms and your living room.  Also, keep your kids and two dogs out of your way and the installers way.  Also, get to the gym and take care of your personal dietary needs.
It's only 2 days worth of an excuse but I managed to stretch it out for the week.
I actually blogged a whole long bit about it on my cell phone but then I couldn't figure out how to transfer the "Notepad" to my Book and I wasn't about to re-type the whole thing so you'll have to settle for this abridged version.

The bottom line is this - I have got to back to business.  I have lost more than 20 pounds.  I have dropped 2 pants sizes.  My boobs are bigger than my gut...  for the first time in 4 years.  If I allow this slippery slope to slide me any further, I will gain that - and then some - right back and this will all be for naught.  And I can only imagine what that might do to my mental health!  LAWD!  I am crazy enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, This is Cilla. I know, I know, it looks like I have a blogging identity crisis. But bookmark this one. I think it might stick.

Second, don't call yourself a fat girl. Please. I guess I probably don't know you as well as some "real-life" people but I know you well enough to know that you're not a fat girl inside.

Third, I totally get the gym thing! Why is it that missing just a couple of days, getting off track just a little makes it SO HARD to get back in the groove?

And Fourth, I've been reading all along. I've just been doing it mostly from my iPod touch and google reader, neither of which let me leave comments easily. Hubs' laptop is on the fritz so he's been using mine more and I've been carrying my "pod-pod" all over the house so I can more accurately chase Ethan.

And Fifth. You're awesome, as always.

Gini said...

Good job on the twenty pounds, bitch.....just kidding. Why do we hate is when people lose weight and we don't???? hmmmmm.........

Gosh you are on a roll. Keep rockin' you hot mama! You look great!