Sunday, December 28, 2008

I have mentioned Facebook before.
Facebook feels good.
Facebook allows you to get in touch with and stay in touch with people whom you would otherwise fall out of touch with completely. You might not want to fall out of touch. You might like these people very much. But you don't see each other anymore. You used to go to school together/live near each other/work together... whatever the case may be. But now you don't.

I have lots of those people in my life.

I am a very passionate person. (Go figure, right?)
I feel what I feel very deeply - when I'm feeling it.
But sometimes, just sometimes... I'm wrong. Or, I'm just so caught up in the feeling I forget why I am actually feeling it.

We all do that.
I try to correct myself when I see it happening.
My dad does that - he gets so worked up about stuff he works himself into a corner of yelling and freaking out and when it comes down to it, the original issue is never as big a deal as it blew into.
I don't always see it, though. And sometimes I just get into the habit of feeling a certain way.

Where am I going with this?

Facebook.
Emotional furies...

Oh, right.

People I used to work with.

It's a lot like people I went to high school with. It was a lifetime ago. We were 16, 12, 8... whatever. Now we're "grownups".

I see people from "MM" (protecting the innocent, ha ha) and I think "wow, how nice to see them". Did I think that when I worked with them? Maybe not. Maybe.
But, whatever.
That was so long ago.

I had a boss I hated. I won't say his name, he knows who he is cuz he hated me, too.
But you know what? We got a long really well before he was my boss. And I hear how he's doing now and then from our mutual friends and I think "good for him". Because he always worked really, really hard.

I had friends that I absolutely loved. LOVED. In Sales, we had a great team of women - there were like, 3 of us - it was all men - but I loved those women. We weren't catty or back-stabby. We supported each other. It was great. So, C, D, L & S... Happy New Year. I know "L" reads this, so pass the word if you see any of us... :)

Oh, and the Call Center... man, that was like high school all over again. The friends, the parties, the drama, the FUN... that was a FUN time. Fun, fun, fun. What would I do with the opportunity to do that again? Granted - you make NO MONEY. But you don't NEED any money! We had no responsibility, no mortgage, no bills, no worries!!

Ok - new topic.
Christmas Songs I hate and am removing from my ITunes library forever:
Santa Baby
Baby It's Cold Outside
Anything by Bing Crosby. I can't explain it. Something in his voice annoys me to no end.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have to say I'm enjoying Facebook more than I thought I would. It's fun to be able to keep tabs on people that I wouldn't otherwise get to keep in touch with as regularly.

Plus, I'm having fun poking people and throwing stuff at them, too!