Sunday, December 14, 2008

I believe some of my best conversations in life come from the back seat, the car seat in the back seat, to be specific.
Picture this:
A: "Where is Africa?"
M: "Southeast of here. Why?"
A: "Can we go there?"
M:"Well, no - we would have to fly in a plane and we don't have that in our plans anytime soon. I suppose we could take a boat there some time. Why?"
A: "I miss Cacky."
M: "Me, too."
A: "Is Cacky happy with his mom and dad in Africa?"
M: "Yes. I think so."
Ya see, over the past several months Abby acquired a fear of lions in our woods, heard me explain that there are no lions in Hebron, just in Africa and then we lost Cacky so she assumed he went to Africa, to be with the other lions. But considering it was months ago since we last talked about any of this, the conversation was surprising and entertaining.

Here's another example:
As we are loading into the car to head off on one of our many adventures, Abby is sitting in the backseat, next to her car seat but not in it. I lean in to help her and this is what happened:
M: Abs, get in your seat, we have to go.
A: I can't. Someone's sitting there.
I begin to lift her and mumble something about having to get into her seat, not really hearing her until, screaming
A: No, Mama! I can't!! Someone's sitting there.
I put her down in her carseat.
A: I'M SIIIIIIIIIITTTTTING ON HEEEEERRRRRRR!

LMAO.
Meet "Julie". She pretty much lives here now. And she has quite a bit to say about things.

Audrey, in case you read this - 2 things:
a) I still think of you every time I wash Abby's hair.
b) and now, I also think of you every time I put Wyatt's sleeper on.
Yes, I always put his arms in first. And yes, I still use too much shampoo.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amazing how they think, isn't it??

Allison said...

OMG that is just hysterical. James is starting to personify our pets. Example: Me-James, drink your milk. James-NO. Henry (the cat) wants it!