Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Two Weeks is like 5 Minutes...

I was worried about what I would do with my "free" time when Wyatt started school.  I was worried that I would be lonely and bored.

< insert ridiculous eye roll and lip twist here >

Instead, the days are blending into the weeks and the month of September is almost over.
I am back and forth to school at least twice a day, I am up and down the driveway for the bus twice a day, I am babysitting for a 3-year old baby girl 2 days a week, 10 hours a day.

Abby goes straight from school to dance on Mondays.  I cannot take her because I have 2 extra kids, in addition to Wyatt, on Mondays and Wednesdays but I am so grateful that my good friend, her little friend's mom, takes both girls every week.  But it's a long day apart.  She gets home around 5:45, in time for dinner and bedtime.  We snuggle and talk about her day and make bedtime as late as we can because Mondays are long, and we miss each other.
Tuesday mornings we stay in our jammies, stay cozy and try to regroup from the busy weekend-into-Mondays.  But Tuesday morning ends quickly when reality hits and both kids are off to school and I am getting whatever I didn't finish on Monday done.

I am donating my "extra" time to PTA activities and volunteering in the kids' classrooms in addition to the old stand-bys of cooking, cleaning, shopping and maintaining the household.
My head is constantly spinning.  My to-do lists are piling up because while most of it is getting done, I don't have time to care and check it off the original list.
I cannot believe how wild and busy and crazy and exhausting and fun September is!

Abby asks Wyatt about every detail of his day in Pre-K and today, she wanted me to drive her in so that she could see him go to Drop-Off and get a quick hug from her precious Mrs. Monarca.  And tonight, she cried about how much she missed her Pre-K teacher, friends and school day.  She's working so hard, she misses her easier days.  Last week, Thursday I think, she cried "why do I have to go to school every day?!"  But when she was done crying she said "I guess when I'm in first grade, I'll cry about missing Kindergarten".

Seriously?
First grade?

No comments: