Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy 9th Anniversary, babe.


 

In our pre-marital counseling with Pastor Ray we had to take a quiz.
I remember anxiously awaiting the results, having an on-going competition (in my own mind) with Jen & Steve...  {they had no idea and likely wouldn't care, but they were the ultimate, as far as in-love couples go, in my young life and I was so in love with their love, I hoped to be as in love or even more so.  It sounds dumb now, as I try to explain it, but they are truly still in love and a wonderful couple!}

Anyway - we did well (of course) and Pastor Ray even went as far as to say that we were even more in love than Jen & Steve.  {In retrospect, he was probably effing with me.  Knowing him, as he knows me.}

The one question that was "red flagged" was this one (or something like it):
Is this the person you are meant to spend your life with, without with you would die?
 We both said "yes".

Apparently, that's a bad answer.  You're supposed to be able to stand on your own two feet and not die without each other.
In that case, ok - I might not literally die, but come on, that's a trick question.
And, anyway, we both said yes, so that's gotta be a good sign.
Pastor Ray said he knew what we meant and went ahead and married us anyway.
Thanks, buddy.

1 comment:

Gini said...

Well look at you two!!! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!! Great post!

Oh and by the way. My blog doesn't "refresh" anymore because it's private. :)