Monday, September 13, 2010

This entry is dedicated to Pete Peterson.
He didn't start out with a last name.  
It was seven and a half years ago that I named him "Pete" and we called him "Petie".

But at our kennel where he and Maggie stay on occasion and get groomed a few times a year they almost always say something about "the lovely couple".

"Maggie and Pete are a lovely couple."
"Maggie & Pete are so cute, they are so good - they are our favorite couple."

So we now often refer to them as "The Petersons".

While we were on vacation we had the dogs groomed and this time, we had Pete's hair cut, not just trimmed but ....  shaved.
I hesitated to do this in the past because I worried that his hair kept his body temperature the way it should be.  In the winter that dog likes to lay out in the snow bank and let more snow pile on top of him.  And in the summer he pants and cries in the heat, he can't get comfortable and no matter how many ice cubes I put in his water, he never seems to relax.
Jay insisted he would be more comfortable with less hair and I finally agreed.  I'm sorry it took me this long.  I promise to do it every time from now on.
I won't miss the clumps of hair although I know they'll be back soon enough.

As a reminder - here's Pete in recent months:
ew.  remember this carpet?
This is Pete's serious pose.
One of my Uncle's greatest pics ever.

And here's the handsome devil now:
That's one nice hiney!
 

And here's one for the road:
To think we once worried about Maggie's temperament with our future children.  Go figure!

No comments: