Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I guess it's safe to say that the ground is too cold for Fall Planting now.  Since I fell on my ass in the snow yesterday.

Christmas Time is in Full Season!!  I love this time of year so much.
I love the joy that it brings - be it from shopping, baking, eating, singing, visiting, gifting - all the different pieces that make up the celebration of the season.

We put our tree up last weekend and this weekend I took my annual trip into NYC with the girls.  It was so cold, so wet and then so snowy, cold and wet.  But it was so much fun!

At one point, Debbie and I were a little lost (who knew that Rock Center was sandwiched, I thought we'd see it from the Avenue!) and walking for what felt like 89 blocks in the rain when our bags broke.
And we each had a couple of bags from Macy*s.  But they were pretty ful and made of PAPER - so they didn't last in the rain.
Then, we were walking, in the rain, holding onto our purchases like a couple of little old bag ladies.  Scarves wrapped around our heads, makeup running down our wet faces, crap falling out of our ripped up paper shopping bags that we're clinging to.  It was a mess.
So, of course, we had a stranger take our picture.
Unfortunately for all of you - it was with Debbie's camera, so I don't have it to share.  But here's one at the end of our day:



When we finally reached Rockafellar Center, the rain had turned into snow.  Giant, beautiful flakes falling onto the tree, the lights, the skyscrapers, the flags, the ice rink and the people below.
There is truly nothing like New York City at Christmas.




2 comments:

Allison said...

Looks like a blast! The Santa with Wyatt and Abby is the same one we had our pics done with last year!

Unknown said...

I am fairly sure that is Buckland. It might be WestFarms but I don't think so...