Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's obvious from my recent blog entries - or lack there of - that I really love summer.
I love the beach.  I love 'no school'.  I love being tan, having fun-filled days for next-to-no money spent.  We swim, we build sand castles, we play on the swings, take walks, play with friends - whatever - it is the weather that allows for, inspires such activities.  And while it is only August 11th, I know our days are numbered.  School starts on the 30th of this month.

We'll have a week of school and then head to vacation where we will indulge in one more week of fun-filled summer vacation.
But when we get back I will be ready for Mums in pots, Autumn transplants and Pruning, Crock Pot cooking and preparing for the holiday and birthday season.  I love Iced Coffee but I look forward to brewing a hot pot around 3:00 as I see the sun beginning to drop, hear the school buses groan through the neighborhood and get ready to start dinner.

I have always said that God graced me with October & January babies to help me kick-off the holidays and then wrap them up.
After Wyatt's birthday we start prepping for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  And after Christmas, instead of being depressed, I start prepping for Abby's birthday.  And now that she is old enough to help me with that, it's that much more fun.
We're already putting our heads together and shopping clearance sales for her big 5th birthday bash.  It will be a Beach Party Theme.  And why not?  Why can't a January baby celebrate her love of summer?

No comments: